Dr. Bernadette P. Smith
Therapy for Men: Why More and More Men Are Seeking Counseling
Updated: Jan 4
Mental health is often seen as a women's issue, but the reality is that men experience mental health problems, too. In fact, according to the National Institute of Mental Health, over 6 million men suffer from depression a year. Mental health is an important issue for everyone, and it's becoming more and more common for men to seek therapy. Here are a few reasons why more and more men are turning to therapy:
1. They want to be more emotionally present for their families.
2. They want to deal with anger and aggression in a healthy way.
3. They want to learn how to cope with stress and anxiety.
4. They want to improve their relationships (romantic, familial, and work).
5. They want to feel like they're in control of their lives.
6. They want to overcome barriers to help reach personal and professional goals.
If you're a man who's been considering therapy, Aspen Counseling and Wellness can help. We offer counseling services for men, and we're committed to providing an environment that's supportive and non-judgmental. Contact us today to learn more about our services or schedule a consultation.